Sir James Dyson is the man behind the Dyson cordless vacuums. He is recognized as the father of the Dyson vacuums after his discovery of the first bagless vacuum cleaners in 1985. These brilliant cleaning machines have now won a large market share due to their outstanding mix of efficiency, style and performance.
Depending on your cleaning needs, there are lots of hoover cordless vacuums available to choose from. Although some users have complained about the high price, most of them have really praised Dyson vacuum cleaners stating that they’re more efficient, easy to carry and more durable as compared to other brands in the market.
Choosing the right Dyson Cordless Vacuums
For those of you who may have stumbled on different articles regarding Dyson vacuum cleaners, I believe that you have acquired vast information on the best cordless vacuums in the market. This section will lay much focus on factors to consider when choosing the right Dyson cordless vacuum for your home.
Power– all top rated cordless vacuums are powered by a 22.2v rechargeable battery. With such a strong battery power at the disposal, you will be able to conduct your vacuuming projects with ease without complaining of any power fade from time to time.
The battery life will however vary depending with the vacuum model. Some of the best cordless vacuums in the market come with a ‘Dual Power Mode’ feature. Although this feature has been highly praised by most customers due to its powerful suction ability, the main con is that it drains your battery much faster than other models.
Technology– different models of the Dyson cordless vacuums use a different technology which is responsible for the difference in suction power. One major selling point of all Dyson vacuum machines is the use of Dyson Digital Motor. This motor spins above average rounds per minute providing a very strong suction power.
When vacuuming, these cordless machines use the Root Cyclone technology which has really elevated their position as the best cordless vacuums in the market. The great suction power has been approved by most experts saying that it’s able to suck dust and dirt particles from the air lessening chances of asthma attacks. Something else to keep in mind is that the bagless nature of these vacuum cleaners has been an additional advantage to their suction power since the bags are responsible for the vacuums loosing suction over time.
What to look for when buying a Dyson Cordless Vacuum
Dyson offers several different models of the cordless vacuum cleaners. All these models use the company’s Root Cyclone Technology which is responsible for the strong suction power present in each of them. To ensure that you purchase the right vacuuming machine for your home, below are some tips to consider.
- Weight– one factor which every buyer must consider before purchasing a cordless vacuum cleaner is the weight. Most cordless vacuums reviews have laid much focus on the weight stating that the lighter the machine, the easier it is to use. (Note that, when reviewing the weight of a vacuum cleaner, the tube, the hose and any other attachments are also included).
- Battery life– another major factor to consider before purchasing a Dyson cordless vacuum is how long the charge is expected to last. Of course the longer the battery life, the more cleaning time you’ll have. Users are therefore required to compare cordless vacuums to make an educated choice on which cleaner to purchase. Note that, some of the best cordless vacuums come with motorized accessories which are aimed on increasing efficiency and suction power. The only setback is that these accessories tend to drain the battery life much faster as compared to other brands.
- Accessories– most top rated cordless vacuums come with basic accessories which include brushes and crevices. Dyson has gone a mile further and introduced other models which come with motorized floor/stair tools and wand attachments which are ideal for cleaning profile areas.
- Product warranty– checking the warranty information of Dyson cordless cleaners is another important tip. Cleaners with longer warranties tend to save on cost at the long run in-case of damage or malfunction.
A Review of two of the best Dyson Cordless Vacuums
After going through a number of cordless vacuums reviews, I found that most of these models share almost similar specs and ratings. Since we have given you factors to consider before purchasing Dyson cordless vacuums of your choice, we will now review two of our best cordless vacuums from Dyson.
Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum
The Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum is the latest cleaning machine in the market. This brilliant vacuum has been welcomed with mixed criticism from different customers. Some of the smart features which come with this engrossing unit include:
Digitally controlled motor– this motor which also uses the latest suction technology has been the major selling point of the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum. With the ability to spin up to 110,000 rpm, this powerful turbo charged motor is responsible for the great suction power of this appliance.
Motorized cleaner head– with the best cordless vacuum reviews, the Dyson V6 has won a large market share due to its motorized cleaner head. The stiff nylon bristles and soft carbon filter filaments are ideal for cleaning different types of floor surfaces as well as woolen carpets.
Detachable tools– the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum has detachable tools which can easily convert it into a handheld unit for a fast and effective cleaning process.
- With a weight of 4.5 pounds, the Dyson V6 vacuum cleaner is among the lightest cleaners which are easy to carry around without a hassle.
- The unit has a fast charging time and is able to save on energy during operation.
- The motorized brushes and other additional tools enable the Dyson V6 to play a universal role of cleaning your carpet, bare floor, sofa, car seats and stairways.
- Most customers have praised the suction power stating that it’s very strong and efficient when it comes to sucking dust and allergens.
- Although the digital motor offers a complete suction of dust and dirt particles from your floor/carpet, this technology drains your vacuum’s battery life really fast giving you a hell of time when cleaning large surfaces.
- This unit is highly priced and is ideal for the “big boys”.
Check price on Amazon.com
The Dyson DC44 cordless vacuum is among the best vacuum cleaners in the market. This appliance comes with four different attachments responsible for cleaning bare floors, upholstery, carpets and stairs.
This Dyson cordless vacuum uses the Root Cyclone Technology and a Dyson Digital Motor V2 which is responsible for the vacuum’s strong suction power. The unit uses 22.2 volts Nickel Manganese Cobalt Battery which has a 20 minutes run time and 8 minutes when set on boost mode.
The motorized brush head has strips of cloths placed underneath to cushion the brush and prevent it from scratching the floor surface. The motorized brush also comes with carbon filter filaments and nylon bristles which are responsible for picking up dust and dirt particles from your carpet and bare or tile floor.
One selling point with Dyson DC44 is the use of the Dyson Ball feature. After discovering that the fixed wheels made the unit hard to maneuver, the Company introduced the Dyson ball which is a large ball attached at the bottom of the vacuum to pivot the unit when cleaning. This ball enables the unit to maneuver at an angle of 180 degrees when cleaning profile areas and deep under the bed.
- At just 5.2 pounds, this unit is lightweight and very easy to carry around.
- The unit has a brilliant transparent dust cup which is easy to see through and determine when it’s full.
- The boost mode is an added advantage which doubles the suction power giving Dyson DC44 the ability to suck all types of allergens and dust particles from your carpet and floor surface.
- The motorized brush comes with carbon filter filaments and nylon bristles which help to remove dust and dirt particles with ease without scratching your floor surface.
- Most customers have highly criticized the price stating that Dyson DC44 is among the most expensive handheld vacuum cleaners.
- The dirt cup is relatively smaller meaning that users will need to frequently empty hence spending too much time when vacuuming.
- Since the vacuum cleaner uses a Dyson Ball instead of fixed wheels, it’s unable to stand on its own.
Check price on Amazon.com
After reviewing some of the best cordless vacuums, we found that these units are able to perform numerous cleaning tasks at the same time. Additional accessories such as the adjustable wand and different dust brushes mean that these units can work both as animal or multi-floor vacuum cleaners.
One selling point in all Dyson cordless vacuums is the powerful motor and dishwasher-safe carbon filters. These accessories have been the main reason for the certification and approval of Dyson vacuum cleaners as being the best when it comes to removal of allergens and dust particles from carpets and bare floors. It has also been proven that these units are able to lessen chances of asthma attacks to most children living within the vicinity.
After reviewing these two cordless vacuums we came to the conclusion to advise the Dyson DC 44. This is because of the Dyson ball feature and the longer battery life.