When choosing the best vacuum for tile floors, it’s important to pay special attention to the features, the price and the attributes which come along with the purchase. Different companies have come up with different models of vacuum cleaners which range from canister vacuums, small vacuums, upright vacuums and robotic vacuums.
Before making a purchase, users are advised to first see what other people think about the particular vacuum to ensure that the vacuum cleaner is comfortable, silent and that it’s able to maneuver to hard to reach places. There are also buying guides, unbiased customer reviews and ratings which are available in most trusted sources. If you are paying special attention to some of these reviews found on this website, you’ll be able to make an educated move when selecting the best vacuum for tile floors.
Top 3 Best Vacuum for Tile Floors
Although most experts suggest that ceramic floors should be cleaned using soap water and scrubs, vacuum cleaners can also play a vital role in removing dirt and allergens from your tile floor to keep them clean and shinny. Let’s take a look at some of the best vacuum cleaners to consider regarding tile floors.
|Oreck Orbiter Floor Machine||BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop||Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite|
|Weight||24 pounds||6.2 pounds||11.9 pounds|
|Current Rating||5.4 Amps||12.5 Amps||12 Amps|
|Cleaning Path||13 Inches||10 Inches||10 Inches|
|Warranty||5 Years||2 Years||1 Year|
|Get it on Amazon.com||Get it on Amazon.com||Get it on Amazon.com|
The Oreck Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine is an easy to use vacuum cleaner that is able to clean any type of floor. Extreme measures have been taken when designing this machine to ensure that it doesn’t damage any type of floor it’s used on. The machine features a brush head which rotates in a revolutionary oscillating motion to ensure that it doesn’t scratch or leave brush marks on the surface of your floor.
This vacuum cleaner is mostly used in cleaning carpet, tile, wood, vinyl and marble floors. It has a weight of 24 pounds, can cover 13” of cleaning path and has a 50-foot power cord which is long enough to cover a large floor area before changing the power outlet. It has a 5.4 amp motor which is the best in vacuuming woolen carpets. With a combination of the right accessories such as the pad, the brush and other cleaning products, this machine will simplify your cleaning needs making tough jobs a breeze.
- This vacuum cleaner is light weight and easy to carry from one room to another.
- The power source of this unit is electric. Unlike other battery operated units, users will not face any low battery challenge when vacuuming.
- The unit uses a powerful motor which performs remarkably well. The motor has a 5-year warranty while the whole system comes with a one year limited warranty.
- Unlike other vacuum cleaners, this unit rotates in an oscillating motion giving you an easy vacuuming experience.
- Some models of this vacuum cleaner come with a short cord which gives you a hard time when cleaning a large surface such as a big hall.
Give your tile floors a shinny and a sanitized clean with the BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop. Armed with handy features such as the variable steam control, built-in easy scrubbers and optimal scent discs, this vacuum cleaner is able to clean your tile floor leaving it cool and fresh for long hours.
The mop head of this appliance is rectangular and measures 12.5 inches wide. Its low profile enables it to clean profile areas, round corners and at the edge of your baseboards without a hassle. While mopping, the steam heats up the disk which in return releases a descent smell which keeps your floor clean and fresh.
This unit has only one tank which holds 15 ounces of water which lasts for about half an hour when vacuuming. The settings are easy to operate. When you attach the cord to the power supply, the unit takes 30 seconds to start after which you’ll choose between the low, medium and high options depending with the floor you’re steaming.
With a weight of 6.2 pounds, a 23 feet power cord and dimensions of 11.6×7.1×28.6 inches, the Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop is a perfect choice for your cleaning chores. It has a two year warranty, features which are available in most of its competitors and the best part is that it’s available at an affordable price..
- Refilling the tank is a very fast and easy task which takes around 30 seconds.
- The unit is lightweight and easy to carry upstairs. The power cord is long enough giving more time to vacuum a large area without unplugging.
- The accessories take around 60 seconds to assemble and are able to remove 99.9% of germs and allergens from your carpet.
- The unit gets super hot when steaming something which can burn your feet if you’re not careful.
- If the vacuum is left on the same spot for a long time, it can heat up your tile floor making it hot and easy to burn your feet if you’re not wearing shoes.
The Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum is a sleek and compact canister which is easy to carry and use. Its 9-pounds lightweight feature makes it ideal to clean car seats, remove cob webs from the ceiling and vacuum different types of floors with ease. Its small size provides an easy storage while the 20 foot long cord enables the machine to vacuum a large surface area.
With the advantage of the 12 amp motor, this machine is able to create a powerful suction which makes cleaning fast and efficient. Additional tools include the upholstery nozzle, the carpet/floor nozzle, the crevice tool and the dusting brush which provide an easy access to the most profile areas. The bagged canister vacuum has a triple filtration system which has a one year limited warranty.
Users who live at a low budget are recommended to purchase this unit as it comes with numerous features available in its high-end predecessors at a really affordable price.
- The Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite has received a 4.2 star rating from 305 verified customers in Amazon. It has been ranked first in the canister category following positive reviews and comments posted by most customers.
- The unit has a powerful motor which offers a strong suction hence the best for use in all types of floors.
- Its lightweight of about 9-10 pounds makes it easy to carry from one room to another. Unlike other brands which produce a loud noise when vacuuming under full suction power, the Eureka Mighty Mite is moderately quiet when operating.
- This unit is cheaply priced and able to perform any form of cleaning tasks just like its expensive predecessors.
- Although it’s the best in Amazon, it uses the bag vacuum which is unpopular to most people nowadays. Most people prefer using the bag-less vacuum cleaners to avoid extra costs of replacing the vacuum bag when damaged.
Cleaning your tile floor has never been so easy with the use of the right vacuum cleaner. Although there are numerous models available from amazon.com for you to choose from, it’s important to first research on which cleaning machine to consider. Tile floors are available in different colors, types, dimensions and the grout used. To ensure that the cleaning job is done fast and efficiently, consider using any of the above vacuum cleaners as they have been designed with the right features and accessories which are meant to take your vacuuming experience to the next level.
The Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Orbiter Floor Machine might be expensive but is the best vacuum for tile floors. The BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop is moderately priced and is ideal for cleaning profile areas and round corners. The Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite is the cheapest vacuum cleaner in the list. With features which are available in other expensive brands, this machine can clean your tile floor really fast hence achieving desirable results.
If you have really dirty floors we would recommend using the oreck orbiting machine. But if you require mild cleaning and maintaining your already moderate clean floor we recommend using the BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop. It seems that this is the overall winner in maintenance cleaning and it comes at a reasonable price. The steam helps with loosening up dirt on the floors. Go to amazon.com where you can read more reviews and opinions about this cleaner.
The Best Vacuum For Tile Floors Buying Guide
Let’s begin with the basics: What is a vacuum cleaner?
There are many brands of vacuum cleaners in the market today. Some are designed for industrial use while others are designed for home use. Different companies have gone a mile further and upgraded those models which are meant for home use through adding numerous features which enable these vacuum cleaners to achieve more desirable results.
What is a vacuum cleaner? A vacuum cleaner is a device which uses an air pump to suck dust and other unwanted particles from the floor and other surfaces. The dirt collected is trapped in either a dust bag or a cyclone awaiting disposal. There are two types of vacuum cleaners which include the home based and the industrial based vacuum cleaners. For now we are going to talk about the home based vacuum cleaners.
Choosing the right type of vacuum cleaner
Vacuuming your house can sometimes become a daunting and a frustrating task especially when your vacuum cleaner is unable to deliver efficient results. Most companies have recognized this fact and come-up with new advanced models of the vacuum cleaners which use modern technologies to ensure that the job is done quicker and effectively.
There are two types of vacuum cleaners available in the market which are the uprights and the cylindrical vacuum cleaners.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners are the best in cleaning large surfaces since you only need to push the machine right in front of you. The machine comes with different inserts which enables it to vacuum carpets, bare floors and go round corners and profile areas with ease. The only drawback with these types of units is that:
- They are relatively short and not the best for tall users.
- They use a powerful motor which is violent and not the best for cleaning woolen carpets.
- Some types are too heavy to carry upstairs.
Cylindrical vacuum cleaners on the other hand are small and compact cleaners which come with a detachable hose which is connected to the handle at one end while the other end is connected to the dust bag and the motor filter.
- These cleaners are lightweight and the best to use in smaller houses.
- They are easy to carry upstairs
- best for cleaning tight corners due to their design.
What to look for when buying a vacuum for tile floors
You possibly will agree with me that tile floors can sometimes look extremely dirty and untidy if they’re not cleaned regularly. Also, the cleaning frequency highly depends with the color of the tiles. Some tiles come in darker colors while others come in more white-like colors which show up dirt particles more clearly than others.
To end this problem once and for all, most companies have produced special cleaning machines which are the best for cleaning tile floors. Among the best cleaning machines to consider include;
- The Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum
- Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum
- Bissell Power Edge pet vacuum
- Shark Rocket Vacuum
- Dyson DC44
However, before choosing the best vacuum for tile floors, there are a number of factors which you should keep in mind. Let’s look at some of the important aspects to look out for.
Type of tiles: there are two types of tiles, the quarry and the glazed tiles. Floors with glazed tiles repel dirt more than the quarry tiles. This means that you will have to invest more for a powerful vacuum cleaner which comes with wet mop and brush accessories to clean and maintain the quarry ceramic floor tiles.
Type of cleaners: when choosing the best cleaning machines for your tiled floor, consider buying an upright or a canister model. Pick a cleaner that is maneuverable, has soft attachments which won’t scratch the surface and has rubberized wheels able to withstand the slippery floor.
Steaming: some models of the vacuum cleaners come with a steam and vacuum feature. These types of units are ideal for cleaning tiled floors since they are resistant to high temperatures hence can easily be sanitized.
Autonomy: if you wish to purchase a cordless cleaner, consider buying one with good batteries (preferably 18 volts+) which offer a high voltage hence more suction power.
Now you should have a good understanding on what the best vacuum for tile floors is. Check out the links on these pages to go get one!
Check out more of our articles!